Форма проведения: игра-соревнование.
1. Развивать устную речь учащихся.
2. Развивать креативные способности учащихся.
3. Воспитывать интерес к изучению предмета.
4. Обобщить страноведческие знания учащихся, полученные на уроках английского языка.
- Закрепить знания учащихся по темам («Соединенное Королевство Великобритании и Северной Ирландии», «Природа», «Животные», «Магазин» и др.).
- Развивать положительные личностные качества, тренировать внимание, память, мышление.
- Воспитывать уважение к культуре своей страны и страны изучаемого языка.
На доске флаги англоязычных стран, карта Великобритании и Северной Ирландии, квадрат цифрами, правила игры.
I. Приветствие ведущего.
Quiz-leader: Good afternoon, boys and girls! I am very glad to see you. Now we shall organize a competition called “Trip to English Land”. Two teams will take part in a game. It is time to introduce yourselves. Who is the captain of the first team?
Pupil 1: I am the captain of the team. The name of our team is “Smart pupils”. Our motto is “Learn English!”
Quiz-leader: Who is the captain of the second team?
Pupil 2: I am the captain of the team. The name of our team is “Optimists”. Our motto is “Enjoy English!”
(Состав команд, их названия и девиз определяются заранее.)
Quiz-leader: Today all of you have a good chance to improve your English. Now I have invited a jury to count the points. The members of our jury are …
I am going to introduce you how to play this game. The game has 8 contests, they are:
1. The ABC game.
2. Fantastic reading
3. A magic 6
5. Think and choose
6. The right choice.
7. Inventions and discoveries.
I hope you’ll enjoy our English trip and be friendly to each other. I wish you a good luck! Let’s start.
II. Основной этап.
Quiz-leader: The first contest of the game called “The ABC game”. Well, kids. And now look at the blackboard. There are some letters from the English alphabet. You must make up words as many as you can. You have 1 minute at your disposal.
Quiz-leader: And now we come to the second contest which is called “Fantastic reading”. I need 3 pupils from each team. You should read the tongue-twister as quickly as you can for 3 times.
- A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.
- Needles and pins, needles and pins, when a man marries, his trouble begins.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper. A peck of pickled pepper Peter Piper picked.
- Only ten per cent of readers felt that they were healthy or very healthy.
- Six sportsmen shooting snips; seven Severn salmons swallowing shrimps.
- Britain has won the European Golden Song Contest for the ninth time. The winning song is “Bells are ringing” sung by Kay King.
(Дети из каждой команды вытягивают один билет со скороговорками)
Quiz-leader: The third contest is called “A magic 6”.
Look at the square. Each team will take turns in answering questions. You will choose any number. “…”, it is your turn to start.
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
- Name 6 cartoon characters
- Name 6 English writers
- Name 6 sort of fruit
- Name 6 sort of vegetables
- Name 6 animals
- Name 6 sports
- Name 6 English songs
- Name 6 English-speaking countries
- Name 6 professions
- Name 6 colours
- Name 6 English names
- Name 6 London sights
Quiz-leader: Our next contest is called “Riddles”. You can get one point for each right answer.
- Higher than a house, higher that a tree –
Oh, whatever can that be? (a star)
- What falls on the water and never gets wet? (a shadow)
- Nobody saw it, but everybody heard it. (the echo)
- What is without hand and without feet, without head or body, but can open a door. (the wind)
- What is white and falls on the top of the roof? (snow)
- It flows, but cannot run out. (a river)
- It is white and cold. You can skate on it. What is it? (ice)
- A blue sheet which covers the whole world. (the sky)
Quiz-leader: Attention please! The fifth contest is “Think and choose”. Each team will get a list of words. You should choose the right variant. You have two minutes at your disposal.
1. Goodnight! A. Here you are.
2. What nationality is B. Thank you. William Shakespeare?
3. Are they short or tall? C. I think so.
4. Pass my dictionary, please. D. Oh, sorry.
5. Where is my bag? E. Goodnight!
6. Here’s your coffee. F. She’s eleven.
7. How old is Olga? G. He’s Englishman.
8. Is this Ruslan’s dog? H. They’re tall.
9. That’s not my copybook. I. It’s under the chair.
Quiz-leader: Now we come to the sixth contest is called “The right choice”. It is very important to make the right choice in our life: the right choice of a profession, a friend etc. You will get the cards with the letters A, B, C. Choose the right answer and show the card.
- Ted is a _______________ a) city b) surname c) first name
- The capital of England is _______________ a) London b) Belfast c) Edinburgh
3. Bookshelf is a ____________________ a) piece of furniture b) place c) room
- London stands on _______________ a) the Volga b) the Avon c) the Thames
4. Italy is a _____________________ a) nationality b) country c) language
- The symbol of England _____________ a) a red rose b) a white rose c) a daffodil
6. Living room is a _________________ a) country b) boy’s name c) room
- The English flag is ______________ a) blue and white b) red and blue c) red and white
8. Russian is a ___________________ a) language b) surname c) country
9. Dinner is a _________________________ a) drink b) dish c) meal
- Ch. Chaplin was ________________ a) a composer b) an actor c) an artist
11. Supermarket is a __________________ a) farm b) job c) shop
- Golfs comes from ____________ a) Russia b) Scotland c) the USA
13. Farmer is a ___________________ a) first name b) job c) place
14. Bus stop is a _________________ a) place b) country c) sport
- “Robinson Crusoe” was written by _________ a) Mark Twain b) Daniel Defoe c) Arthur Conan Doyle
Quiz-leader: One more contest. It is called “Inventions and discoveries” You should answer my questions. The team which answers first and correctly wins.
- Who discovered America? (Ch. Columbus)
- Who created Donald Duck? (W. Disney)
- Who was the first man in space? (Y. Gagarin)
- Who invented the telephone? (Al. Bell)
- Who invented the traffic lights? (Garret A. Morgan)
- Who made safety razors? (King Gillette)
- Who opened the first McDonald’s restaurant? (Maurice and Richard McDonald)
- Who made the first successful flight? (the Wright Brothers)
III. Заключительный этап. Подведение итогов игры.
Quiz-leader: Dear friends, do you like music? Listen to the songs “London Bridge” and sing. Our jury will add up the score of the game.
Jury: The score is … to … in smb’s favour. The team “…” the winner.
Названия конкурсов и максимум баллов, которые можно заработать в этом конкурсе:
The world of animals – 5 points
Fantastic reading – 10 points
Spaceflight – 19 or more points
Think and choose – 18 points
Will you continue – 15 points
Only questions – 10 points
Riddles – 8 points
1. The ABC game. — 5 points
2. Fantastic reading — 10 points
3. A magic 6 — 5 points
4. Riddles — 8 points
5. Think and choose — 18 points
6. The right choice — 1 point
7. Inventions and discoveries — 1 point